Imaging IT Solutions is the largest business area in the Sectra Group. The business area is one of the world’s leading providers of IT systems for managing medical images and patient information. We have surpassed 2,000 installations of Sectra’s IT systems, and our customers include some of the largest healthcare providers in the world.
Where we are headed
The operating area’s long-term goal is to be a leading provider of complete solutions for managing and communicating all types of medical images for diagnostic purposes, with a particular focus on cancer diagnostics. The operations mainly focus on large diagnostic imaging units, for example, radiology, mammography, pathology and cardiology. Improving the efficiency of diagnostics and monitoring in cancer care is a common thread that runs through our offering.
Figures refers to fiscal year 2020/2021.
- 656 employees
- SEK 1,397.7 million in revenue
Medical IT systems and services that help customers care for more patients, while retaining or improving the level of quality. The operating area’s offering includes:
- IT systems for efficient diagnostics, archiving, presentation and communication of all types of medical images and related patient information.
- IT systems for operational follow-up and radiation dose monitoring.
- Platform and marketplace for safer and easier introduction of AI-based tools that improve diagnostics and workflows for users.
- Flexible delivery models that allow customers to choose, for example, between purchasing systems as traditional system installations, cloud services or services where Sectra is responsible for the operation of the system.
- Maintenance in the form of support, system monitoring and upgrades.
- Consulting services related to integration, system design, data migration and business development.
- Training for users.
Public and private healthcare providers that offer medical imaging services. Customers normally include major hospitals, hospital chains and private clinic chains that are growing and being consolidated. These customers appreciate Sectra’s ability to deliver extremely reliable and scalable solutions for medical diagnostic imaging. They also have a need for communication and collaboration between hospitals, which Sectra can meet.
Sales channels and geographic presence
Imaging IT Solutions has in-house sales organizations in 18 countries as well as partners in some 30 countries in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, North America, Oceania and South-East Asia. The largest markets are the Netherlands, Scandinavia, the UK and the US.
Where we are now
Sectra is one of the world’s leading providers of IT systems for managing medical images and patient information related to diagnostic imaging. Lengthy, comprehensive customer contracts promote long-term stability and a high proportion of recurring revenue. In order to meet customer needs, the operating area is implementing long-term growth initiatives in new product areas, such as digital pathology and cardiology, and expanding into additional geographic markets through the establishment of its own operations and through new distributors.
In the Annual Report and Sustainability Report 2020/2021 you can read more about:
- Focus on customer satisfaction results in more leading positions
- The shift from IT systems for radiology to enterprise imaging
- Growth in the US and other target markets
- Our focus on cancer diagnostics and AI
- Cloud-based services on the rise
- The shift to a new subscription model
- Cybersecurity growing increasingly important in healthcare
The way forward
Activities being prioritized by the operating area in order to reach its long-term goals:
- Maintain high customer satisfaction by continuously measuring and monitoring customer opinions and needs.
- Adapt all levels of the organization for the transition to cloud-based service deliveries and subscription models.
- Develop partnerships with existing customers through which Sectra’s existing products and services can contribute to further efficiency enhancements.
- Grow within radiology, cardiology, pathology and other areas of medical image management by adding new customers in regions where Sectra already has an established customer base. This includes a continued focus on the uS, where Sectra has a very high level of customer satisfaction, but a relatively small market share.
- Continue the transition to the new subscription-based payment model to provide customers increased access to new functionality and facilitate their expansion.
- Operational efficiency and increased digitization of internal processes to increase the scalability of existing resources and to more efficiently support the customer’s journey from first contact with Sectra to procurement and installation, and through the long-term relationship.
- Continued product development and strengthening of the product portfolio. Special focus on medical image management in diseases affecting the elderly, particularly cancer diagnostics and cardiology, and on more efficient decision support for physicians and healthcare personnel based on AI.
Marie Ekström Trägårdh
President Sectra Imaging IT Solutions and Executive Vice President Sectra AB